Emacs and JDEE : opinions sought.

From: Richard Riley
Subject: Emacs and JDEE : opinions sought.
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 00:55:24 +0200

Could someone familiar wit Java advise me about the status of JDEE? Is
it usable? How well integrated is it with Semantic for example for Java
class method/member completion possibly using ac-source-semantic with
auto-complete?  Basically, is it worth the effort of learning and using
Emacs for Java?

Any hints or tips with regard to Java development in Emacs much
appreciated as I really want to stay from eclipse if at all possible.

I realise I could download it and try it but not being a seasoned Java
programmes I feel I'm not really equipped to rate it.

regards

r.