Re: Magit very slow

From: Dan Davison
Subject: Re: Magit very slow
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 21:19:15 -0400

Andrea Crotti <andrea.crotti.0@gmail.com> writes:

> I love magit, it's really nice to see all the changes and commit in such
> a smart way.
> But sometimes when there are many files or many changes is terribly
> slow, it takes minutes instead of seconds that really take to git to do
> the same thing from the shell.
>
> Am I the only one experiencing it or is a common problem?

Yes, magit for me is often very slow compared to using git from the
command line. An example of a slow command is log ('l'). Certainly
doesn't stop me using it all the time, but it can be slow. Making sure
.gitignore ignores as much as possible can help.

Dan

emacs 23.2.1
magit commit 6838ae1 (July 28)
ubuntu 10.04