Re: Simple copy & paste problem

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: Simple copy & paste problem
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 20:35:31 -0600

Andrea Crotti wrote:
This is probably very stupid but every time I step into it and it's very
annoying.

Supposing I want to copy something from Safari to emacs.
So I
- select and copy
- select and kill the text I want to substitute
- try to paste

ARGH! Now the text I copied from safari is disappeared...

Delete the text in Emacs instead of killing it.  I use:

(global-set-key "\C-cw" 'delete-region)         ; ala C-w and M-C-w

A workardound is to delete first and then copy-paste.
But is there a smarter way to solve this?
Something like
"if I copied something from the os keep it as first in the kill ring"?

--
Kevin Rodgers
Denver, Colorado, USA