Re: More emacs instances

From: Andrea Crotti
Subject: Re: More emacs instances
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 17:51:40 +0200

Richard Riley <rileyrg@gmail.com> writes:

> You can use gnus splitting if you like. I used to prefer that since its
> all self contained in gnus then.
>
> That said I recently decided that, the devil you know, just to use gmail
> filters configured via their web UI. I apply labels to emails e.g
> "emacs-gnus" and then see them as separate IMAP folders (eg I see an
> IMAP folder called "emacs-gnus") courtesy of offlineimap.

That's also an option right, labels are nice.
I think procmail is really powerful though, even if it can be trickier
to get it right.

> Yup.
>
> I did have local dovecot imap servers for a while, but I got confused
> with multiple gmail account setup and so decided to keep it
> simple. Also, the benefit of having local maildir is the wonderful
> Mairix for indexing and searching!

Well but then you can only access to the mails with the clients that can
manipulate directly with Maildir format, and by the way during the time
you're not syncing you don't see the new emails right?

Is it gnus stable and fast on working on it?
I trust more servers somehow...

Is it offlineimap much slower than fetchmail that we have to run it much
less often?