Re: Prefix-Arg (non-interactive!) in Info

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Prefix-Arg (non-interactive!) in Info
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 19:09:00 +0300

> From: Memnon Anon <gegendosenfleisch@googlemail.com>
> Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
> Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 17:50:13 +0200
>
> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>
> > This information is usually in the doc string of the function you want
> > to invoke.  For example:
>
> Sorry, my description was not clear enough.

I think it was clear enough, but perhaps my response wasn't.

Let's try a different approach: which function would you like to call
non-interactively, passing it some value of the prefix arg?  (Please
don't say "it's not important which function": my point is _precisely_
that it _is_ important, because the answer to your question is
specific to the function you want to invoke.)

> What I did not find, was, how to pass this argument non interactively -
> i.e. without `C-u' or M-4 - to a function.

It depends on the function.