teach emacs to capitalize at the beginning of a sentence?

From: Matt Price
Subject: teach emacs to capitalize at the beginning of a sentence?
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 15:42:39 -0400

Hi Folks,

I'm using abbrev-mode and loving it but wondered whether it was possible to teach emacs to capitalize words atthe beginning of a sentence?  This would be a big help as it's a major source of errors in my typing.  If anyone has any ideas, either of an existing package that does this, or how to write a simple function that checks for ".  [a-z] and changes it to ".  [A-Z]" I'd appreciate it.  thanks very much!

matt