Re: git diff output - terminal is not fully functional

From: Andrea Crotti
Subject: Re: git diff output - terminal is not fully functional
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 16:13:07 +0200

Andreas Röhler <andreas.roehler@easy-emacs.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> thanks and sorry,
> just want to use it in a shell:
>
> while exploring something new or not so common, I'll not run into bugs
> from emacs-scripts, have all feature indendent from implementation
> etc.
>
> Also I use shell-scripts, which might be started from inside Emacs
> more conveniently again.
>
> I'll have look at magit anyway, thanks for the tip.

Yes sure I'm not saying it's bad to use a terminal in emacs, just saying
that for this tasks there are much better instruments..

I normally have many shells open outside of emacs, mostly because to
compile I use M-x compile and when I have to launch a short command I
just use M-!, which is much faster then going in the shell...

> Wonder why bazaar is able to cope with this. There should be a way to
> provide this for git too.
>
> Andreas

Strange that I didn't find any option in git diff to disable the
automatic "paging", but it should be possible...