Text selection can't be erased by pressing delete

From: Gabriel TEIXEIRA
Subject: Text selection can't be erased by pressing delete
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 14:08:57 +0200

Hello all,

I've been working with three simultaneous emacs windows, each one containing a diferent project, and I noticed that two of those three are presenting a weird behaviour. When I select a text in those windows (like by pushing Shift and then the arrow keys), and then I push the key Delete, I expect that the selected/highlighted text be erased, but instead, it erases a single character to the left of the cursor (like would happen without the selection) and the selection disappears (although the same operation works with Backspace or Shift+Delete normally). It seems that the Delete key is not anymore aware of the text selection. It is even more weird the fact that this doesn't happen with the window that I opened the last and the other windows that I opened after to check the behaviour. I seems that emacs "wears" after some time opened. Anyone have any idea of what's this? Is this a bug or I typed accidentaly any command that triggers this behaviour?

Thanks in advance
Gabriel Teixeira