delete-horizontal-space and NO-BREAK SPACE

From: Detlev Zundel
Subject: delete-horizontal-space and NO-BREAK SPACE
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 15:33:18 +0200

Hi,

more and more often I get emails with NO-BREAK SPACE characters (ascii
160) in them which are used for alignment purposes.  When replying to
such e-mails, I usually have to edit this a lot and wish 'M-\' would
erase the whole stretch of the characters.

Looking up the definition of delete-horizontal-space, it is obvious that
it doesn't do this as it only erases " \t".

Is there another nice function really erasing all space characters
(i.e. chars belonging to the "space" category) or should the funtion be
improved?

Thanks
  Detlev

--
Be careful in casting out your devil 'lest you cast out the best thing
about you.