Re: emacs 22.2.1 postscript print

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: emacs 22.2.1 postscript print
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 17:07:53 +0200

Am 26.08.2010 um 12:16 schrieb Jonathan Valks:

Symbol's function definition is void: ps-header-footer-string.

While the cursor is in this function name – could you type C-h f <RET>? What is the documentation? Can you follow the hyper-link to the ps-print.el file?

Is there something I need to install to allow postscript printing?

Could you try to launch GNU Emacs with -Q (means: no init file at all) or -q (means: no user init file, only system init file) and see what happens? It might be easier to not use any of the ps-print-* functions but substitute them with the corresponding ps-spool-* function (to also save some paper and toner in case it works to print). The *spool* functions will "print" to a temporary *PostScript* buffer (which you could save, or print, or view with Ghostscript...).

Maybe it helps to insert into the customisations section of your init file either (what I have)

         '(ps-print-footer t)

or the contrary

         '(ps-print-footer nil)

GNU Emacs 23.2 is out. At least in other Unices.

--
Greetings
                                 <]