Bzr Emacs quite slow

From: Joel James Adamson
Subject: Bzr Emacs quite slow
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2010 11:09:43 -0400

Hello,

I've been using Emacs from Bazaar for about a week, and although it has
the improvements I needed, it runs quite slowly, especially when paging
through large buffers.  It looks like screen redrawing is slow: if I
page down (C-v) the screen pages down and the screen redraws very slowly
and in a quite jumpy fashion.  This is even after updating this morning
and compiling with -O3.

Is there something special that I need to do?

I am running this instance from the source tree and using libraries that
were installed for Emacs 23 on Fedora 13: could that cause the problem?

Thanks,

Joel
--
Joel J. Adamson