c-style-alist

From: Andrea Crotti
Subject: c-style-alist
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 16:42:07 +0200

Supposing I have a new language (actually NED), and I already have some
syntax highlighting.

The only thing I want to add is a smarter indentation, and for that is
quite similar to C++.

Looking for possible answers I found out that in
c-style-alist there is also for example python-mode, which is not a
c-mode derivatives.

Is that is the general way to define the correct the policy of spacing?
And what if I define it as a derived mode even if it's quite different
from the original c/c++ branch?