Re: Problem with msf-abbrev under Emacs 23

From: Darren Hoo
Subject: Re: Problem with msf-abbrev under Emacs 23
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 11:21:59 +0800

Hi
On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 5:22 PM, Seweryn <sewkokot@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using the msf-abbrev [1] library
> ( http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/MsfAbbrev ).
> However starting from Emacs 23 the <choose> template does not work because it
> doesn't give any choice when expanding an abbrev while other templates like
> field, query work properly.

I tested it  and I can use <choose> template, hit enter on the choice
, a buffer pops
which  I can choose from , I use emacs23 and msf-abbrev 1.0beta3.

Though in c-mode, msf-abbrev work strangely, so I have to tweak
c-mode-common-hook
a little bit like:
         (make-local-variable 'text-property-default-nonsticky)
         (assq-delete-all 'category text-property-default-nonsticky)

since emacs23 category is added to  text-property-default-nonsticky which stops
msf-abbrev  from working correctly in c-mode, but in other modes like
python-mode
,it works ok ,that includes <choose> template methoned above.

---
Darren