Problems with aspell under Ubuntu 10.10

From: Sven Bretfeld
Subject: Problems with aspell under Ubuntu 10.10
Date: 18 Oct 2010 23:29:32 +0200

Hi to all

There is an already known bug in flyspell.el under Ubuntu Maverick. The
file still contains the obsolete argument to call-interactively-p, that
Emacs 23.1 doesn't understand any longer.

I removed this argument manually from the file today, so flyspell is
working again. But there are still problems.

1. It is not possible to switch to another dictionary than "american",
   although the respective aspell language packages are installed.

2. I frequently use words containing special utf8 characters like, for
   example, bauddhāgama, which I have defined in my user-dictionary
   files. Flyspell doesn't recognize this as one single word any longer.
   Instead bauddh and gama are highlighted as wrong spellings, the
   intermediate ā is ignored.

I think that this is a problem caused by some .el files, not by aspell.
Can somebody help me on the way?

My versions:

- Emacs 23.1.1 (Ubuntu standard package)
- International Ispell Version 3.1.20 (but really Aspell 0.60.6)
- Ubuntu 10.10 (upgraded from 10.4)

Thanks for help

Sven