Re: tramp & numberp

From: Daniel Pittman
Subject: Re: tramp & numberp
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 23:26:02 +1100

Andrea Crotti <andrea.crotti.0@gmail.com> writes:

>> And another question, how should I apply this patch in the best way?
>> I mean I have the tramp.el.gz file that I can modify also from emacs but
>> can I do that automatically since it's also compressed?
>
> As I thought, now I modified the tramp.el.gz and saved with the right
> patch, everything was working but restarting emacs I have again the same
> problem, so I guess it's not really the way to go...

If you didn't recompile the file, the .elc version might well get loaded in
preference next time around, and your changes wouldn't show up...

        Daniel

That almost certainly isn't your problem, but just in case someone may as well
ask the "is it plugged in" question. :)

--
✣ Daniel Pittman            ✉ daniel@rimspace.net            ☎ +61 401 155 707