Re: Re: Emacs *inferior-lisp* process not starting

From: Markus . Arike
Subject: Re: Re: Emacs *inferior-lisp* process not starting
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 15:29:51 +0000

Actually I think they do. What I believe Emacs is doing is calling the env, much like a she-bang line like #!/usr/bin/env ruby, for example. I just can't figure out of which executable, as the programs in those directories are:

digest-doc* hexl* movemail* rcs2log* update-game-score*
fakemail* profile* sorted-doc* vcdiff*

For a temporary fix I made a symlink to /usr/local/bin/ccl64 and it sort of works how a freshly installed Emacs is configured. My question is this: Since this error that I noted in my original post is happening on all the version of Emacs on my system, is there a global "user preferences" file, other than a .emacs file, when a user edits his/her preferences via the Preferences menu?

Thanks a lot in advance for any clues as to what is going on.

Markus