Re: Pasting Japanese from X

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Pasting Japanese from X
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 17:27:53 +0100

Am 01.11.2010 um 14:48 schrieb Bruno Tavernier:

When I try to paste some Japanese from an X application, for instance
Firefox, to an Emacs buffer running in its own X windows, I get
gibberish character (probably unicode).

How does it work when you launch GNU Emacs without customisation?

Which are the locales in the environment in which X11 runs?

Why are you using emacsclient? Doesn't it work to paste directly into one of its windows?

--
Greetings

  Pete

Hard Disk, n.:
A device that allows users to delete vast quantities of data with simple mnemonic commands.