Guile vs ELisp

From: Dani Moncayo
Subject: Guile vs ELisp
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 00:11:28 +0100

Hi there,

I'm a beginner in Elisp, and have a question (just for curiosity):

Go to the Emacs Lips Manual (edition 3.0 / Emacs 24.0.50), section
"1.2 Lisp History". The last paragraph reads like this:

>    Emacs Lisp is not at all influenced by Scheme; but the GNU project
> has an implementation of Scheme, called Guile.  We use Guile in all new
> GNU software that calls for extensibility.

...so my question is: If GNU Emacs was to be started from scratch
today, would Guile be better than ELips as extensibility language?

Thanks in advance. Dani.