maximum frame height on Emacs.app

From: Adam M. Goldstein
Subject: maximum frame height on Emacs.app
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2010 15:14:19 -0400

Hello list

I am at my wit's end---

My problem is that the first frame opens up nicely, at the full height; 91
lines is the full height of the screen. BUT subsequent frames opened using C-x
5 2 open up at a maximum of 68 lines.

I can set default-frame-alist to any value X less than 68, and new frames
appear with a height of X; and I can set the width at any value I like, and new
frame appear at that width. The the only thing I can't get it to do is to
create a new frame with a height greater than 68.

This behavior appeared after I changed my font from Monaco to
Anonymous_Pro---when Monaco was the font, at a bigger size, 68 lines was the
full height of the screen.

I want it so that new windows open up at the full height of 91 lines...

I have the following in my .emacs:

'(default-frame-alist (quote ((menu-bar-lines . 1) (width . 85) (height . 91)
(cursor-color . "red"))))
'(default-frame-alist (quote ((menu-bar-lines . 1) (width . 85) (height . 91)
(cursor-color . "red"))))

I am relatively new to emacs, and googling the Web and this mailing list hasn't
led to anything useful.

Any advice is welcome.

I am using GNU Emacs 23.1.90.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin10.4.0, NS
apple-appkit-1038.32) on a MacBook Pro.

------------------
Adam M. Goldstein PhD, MSLIS
--