RE Help with ange-ftp + .netrc in emacs

From: gerald . jean
Subject: RE Help with ange-ftp + .netrc in emacs
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 12:34:24 -0500

I have this in my .emacs, accessing a Linux server from Emacs running on a
Windows machine.

(setq tramp-default-method "ftp")
(require 'ange-ftp)
(setq ange-ftp-ftp-program-name        ;;
      (if (w32-using-nt)
               (progn
                 "c:/Emacs/i386/ftp.exe"  ;;
                 )))

I have been using this for years and it works like a charm.  Every morning
when Emacs starts on the PC it asks me for my password on the Linux server
and it logs on there and opens every thing I had openend at last shut down
(I use "desktop").

Good luck,

Gérald Jean
Conseiller senior en statistiques,
VP Actuariat et Solutions d'assurances,
Desjardins Groupe d'Assurances Générales
télephone            : (418) 835-4900 poste (7639)
télecopieur          : (418) 835-6657
courrier électronique: gerald.jean@dgag.ca

"We believe in God, others must bring Data."

W. Edwards Deming

help-gnu-emacs-bounces+gerald.jean=dgag.ca@gnu.org a écrit sur 2010/11/08
04:29:45 :

> Hey guys,
>
> I've been trying desperately to get my emacs configured to use ange-
> ftp to an ftp server.
>
> My shell-box is behind a firewall, and as such I have my .emacs file
> looking like this:

> Code:
> (require 'tramp)
> (setq tramp-default-method "ftp")
> (setq ange-ftp-ftp-program-name "pftp")
>
> And then I've tried to set up my .netrc file as this to be able to
> use autocompletion on host name.. and this I can't even get to work
either....