problem

From: Subhaditya Bhattacharya
Subject: problem
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 12:15:33 -0800

Hi,

I have a new mac system in my hand. I installed emacs which I use most often to edit my programs. However, here I can't open the file from shell 'in a new window' with the command:

'emacs filename &'

Although it does open with 'emacs filename' in the shell. However, to make sure the programmes run correctly, I need to open several of them at a time and run it in the same shell.

I would be extremely happy to get help from you in this regard.
Thanks,
Subhaditya

--
Subhaditya Bhattacharya