Re: Alternatives to tramp

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Alternatives to tramp
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 20:45:46 +0100

Gary <help-gnu-emacs@garydjones.name> writes:

> I'm absolutely fed up with tramp's inability to play nicely with other
> modes. What are the alternatives, please?

The major problem is when "other modes" call external programs. Often,
they are not prepared to run on remote hosts.

This is not because of Tramp; Tramp provides just the infrastructure.

OTOH: you are working on Windows, IIRC. If the remote host runs a Samba
server, mount the directory.

Best regards, Michael.