Getting minor mode to read word

From: Paulo J. Matos
Subject: Getting minor mode to read word
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 13:39:58 +0000

Hi all,

I am trying to create a very simple minor mode to start with. Once the
mode is loaded I just want to transform all the strings matching a given
regexp: "B-[0-9]+" into a url which once clicked, opens the default
browser with a given url.

My problem is to start up. How do I tell emacs that there is a minor
mode that people can load and which hook can I use to enable the search
function (for the regexp) to perform the search and replace the text for
a url everytime the buffer changes?

Cheers,

--
PMatos