Emacs for mail: VM - WL - GNUS

From: James Freer
Subject: Emacs for mail: VM - WL - GNUS
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 09:09:07 +0000

I'm just starting to use emacs for editing and thought about using it
for email as well. I'm a moderator for several groups and have found
Thunderbird a bit slow. I'm hoping that a text email may be quicker. I
tried Cone and Mutt a while ago. I need to use imap and was wondering
if i'd be better off with emacs addons.

What are folk using WL or VM? I've read the gnus pdf and i think i'd
be better off with one of those two.

As for installing:
WL seems ok to follow
http://box.matto.nl/emacsgmail.html

VM i find a little heavy! for my knowledge - is there another site
which is easier to follow for a newbie
http://www.wonderworks.com/vm/user-manual/vm_2.html#SEC5
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/ViewMailAndImap

thanks