Re: Emacs for mail: VM - WL - GNUS

From: Byung-Hee HWANG
Subject: Re: Emacs for mail: VM - WL - GNUS
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 19:33:54 +0900

James Freer <jessejazza@googlemail.com> writes:

> I'm just starting to use emacs for editing and thought about using it
> for email as well. I'm a moderator for several groups and have found
> Thunderbird a bit slow. I'm hoping that a text email may be quicker. I
> tried Cone and Mutt a while ago. I need to use imap and was wondering
> if i'd be better off with emacs addons.
>
> What are folk using WL or VM? I've read the gnus pdf and i think i'd
> be better off with one of those two.
>
> As for installing:
> WL seems ok to follow
> http://box.matto.nl/emacsgmail.html
>
> VM i find a little heavy! for my knowledge - is there another site
> which is easier to follow for a newbie
> http://www.wonderworks.com/vm/user-manual/vm_2.html#SEC5
> http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/ViewMailAndImap

Actullay, WL is fast on IMAP. But..

As time goes by, Gnus will be getting fast on IMAP. There are so
many developers for Gnus. That's why i settled down at Gnus.

Sincerely,

--
소여물 황병희(黃炳熙) | .. 출항 15분전..

"You needn't speak to her about it, she's a proud woman."
                -- Vito Corleone, "Chapter 14", page 208