Re: what is <find>?

From: patrol
Subject: Re: what is <find>?
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:11:44 -0000

On Jun 4, 10:34 am, Stefan Monnier <monn...@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:

> Makes me wonder: why in the world would you want to use
> non-incremental search?

Well, it's a good question. I guess one reason is that I'm just more
used to it from working with other programs (though the future trend
does seem to be incremental searches -- IE8, MS Word 2010). Sometimes
I find the highlighting of multiple-matches distracting when I just
want the next match. I wouldn't say these are strong reasons though,
and I'm sure I'd get used to isearch if I just used it more. I suppose
most Emacs users/developers feel as you do, which would explain why
there's so little key binding support for noninc search commands in
Emacs.