Re: Wrong use of format=flowed antidote

From: Uday S Reddy
Subject: Re: Wrong use of format=flowed antidote
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:12:11 -0000

On 6/6/2010 6:09 PM, Reiner Steib wrote:

That is because the user misconfigured Thunderbird.  format=flowed
applied as intended doesn't suffer from this problem.

You were right. I have discovered that one has to set mailnews.wraplength to get format=flowed to kick in. I have now set my wraplength to 79 (leaving an extra column for the last space). Let us hope this works ok.

In general, my principle is to put as few line breaks as possible because your editor can add line breaks easily wherever you want it to. On the other hand, if I put too many line breaks and you want them removed, your editor won't know which ones to remove.

Format=flowed is a good compromise.

Cheers,
Uday