Re: Emacs and SELinux contexts

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Emacs and SELinux contexts
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:12:21 -0000

> I have noticed something with emacs on GNU/Linux systems. When you edit
> something with Emacs, the SELinux  context of the file doesn't stay
> preserved. This could be an issue when you edit configuration or policy

As mentioned, there is improved support in the trunk (i.e. for
Emacs-24), but since this won't be released in the near future, maybe
playing around with backup-by-copying and some of its friends will let
you work around the problem in the mean time.

        Stefan

PS: I say "maybe" because I know nothing about SELinux.