Re: line-move-visual

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: line-move-visual
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:14:19 -0000

In comp.emacs Uday S Reddy <uDOTsDOTreddy@cs.bham.ac.uk> wrote:
> Alan Mackenzie wrote:

>>> You can set your own defaults in your .emacs to get the behaviour you
>>> like and so can all the other people.

>> This garbage again.  When we're talking only about the best settings
>> for defaults, going on about .emacs is stupid.

> Interesting.  When I raised the issue of defaults in the developers
> list, I was  advised by Stefan to set my own default.  Apparently, he
> didn't think it was  stupid to do so.

Not whilst addressing somebody wearing a user's hat.  It's a stupid
distraction for the maintainers whilst pondering defaults.

> When I said this morning that you had fallen silent, my meaning was
> that you  did not provide an answer.  Calling the question "silly" or
> "stupid" does not  amount to an answer, does it?

It can do.  There are questions which can be used to derail a discussion,
should the questioner wish this.  I have a suspicion this is one of your
aims here.  If you're not trolling, then please accept my apologies and
carefully review your posts to see where that impression came from.

> Why don't you leave it to Stefan to speak for himself?  I am sure that
> Stefan  and I are able to have a perfectly normal, professional
> conversation without  your help.

Yet more snide remarks, yes?  I'm not going to rise to it this time.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).