emacs + .netrc issues

From: .Martin.
Subject: emacs + .netrc issues
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:14:56 -0000

Hi all,

I've got a slight problem with emacs an automatic ftp login.
When I try to log in to access my files on a server manually it works:
/ftp:user@domain.com@ftp.domain.com:/

I know the user is weird. It's "user@domain.com", but that was assigned
by the hosting company and it works with emacs.

My entry in ~/.netrc is:

machine ftp.domain.com login user@domain.com password my_password

When I logged in manually I bookmarked that location and now when I want
to access it, I get the error. I says that the user is ok, but there's
authentication problem. I definitely haven't misspelled anything in
.netrc

Why does it work when I provide the password manually (without it being
mentioned in .netrc, but when I include it in .netrc the login fails.

thank you
--
regards

.Martin.