Re: jython and emacs on windows

From: Tim Johnson
Subject: Re: jython and emacs on windows
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:08:17 -0000

On 2010-05-13, jerome delachienne <jerome.delachienne@googlemail.com> wrote:
<...>
> has anyone an idea how i could solve this problem? Thanks for your
> help !
>
> jython 2.5.1
> Jdk 1.6.0_20
> emacs 22.3 and 21.3
> windows xp and 7
 Jerome, I do not use Windows for programming any more. I don't know if
 the following will be of value:

 Several years ago, when I used emacs on windows, I found that when I
 attempted to start an asynchronous process (comint) from emacs, that
 process was loaded into a separate window. I.E. *not* asynchronous
 to the editor. I was told at that time that the way to make the
 comint mode work correctly was to compile emacs thru cygwin.

 I wish I could do more to help.

 regards
--
Tim