Re: function to decode url percent encoding

From: Xah Lee
Subject: Re: function to decode url percent encoding
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:08:51 -0000

some missing section from my previous post...

I know there's a

  (require 'gnus-util)
 gnus-url-unhex-string

but that just unhex, and generate gibberish if the url contains
unicode chars.

some study shows that the “%E2%80%93” are hexdecimals E2 80 93, and is
the byte sequence of the en dash char by utf-8 encoding.

So, i guess i could parse the url then interpret the %x string as
utf-8 hex bytes then turn them back to unicode chars. Any idea if
there's built in function that helps this?

 Xah