Re: Failing to see the allure of Emacs

From: Joseph Brenner
Subject: Re: Failing to see the allure of Emacs
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:09:30 -0000

"B. T. Raven" <nihil@nihilo.net> writes:

> Firemacs addon for Firefox has most Emcas keybindings set by default,
> and they are configurable:

I use the "It's All Text" plug-in, so I can click a button at the bottom
of a textarea to edit things in emacs itself:

  https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4125/

To get that to work, I've got my EDITOR envar set to emacsclient:

  export EDITOR=emacsclient

And in my ~/.emacs:

  (server-start)

Since I usually have a lot of emacs frames kicking around,
sometimes I have to hunt for which one emacsclient is using, but
that's not too terrible.