Formatting time as local time?

From: Elena
Subject: Formatting time as local time?
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:16:27 -0000

Hello,

I'm trying to format the last modified time of a file as a string.
However, I can't get it formatted as local time. Here is my code:

(format-time-string "%a, %e %b %Y %T %Z" (nth 5 (file-attributes my-
file-name)) nil) ;; nil -> Local Time

I'm getting the time interpreted as Universal Time (the resulting hour
does not match the properties of the file). This code:

(format-time-string "%a, %e %b %Y %T %Z" (nth 5 (file-attributes my-
file-name)) t) ;; t -> Universal Time

returns the same string, which shouldn't be the case, should it?

Thanks.