Inserting a record from your bbdb into the buffer

From: Cecil Westerhof
Subject: Inserting a record from your bbdb into the buffer
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:16:47 -0000

A friend of mine wanted to insert a record with:
    C-u M-x bbdb

But that does not work. Because of this I hacked the following
function:
    (defun dcbl-insert-bbdb-record (name)
      (interactive "sName: ")
      (let ((no-of-records)
            (records (bbdb-search (bbdb-records) name)))
        (setq no-of-records (length records))
        (if (= no-of-records 1)
            (bbdb-format-record (car records))
          (message "%s gives %d records" name no-of-records))))

It is far from perfect, but it gets the job done. I hope that people
will find it useful.

--
Cecil Westerhof
Senior Software Engineer