Re: Rapidly navigating buffers using search

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Rapidly navigating buffers using search
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:18:23 -0000

"B. T. Raven" <nihil@nihilo.net> writes:

> The point is that David is right about criticizing M$' word processor
> design philosophy

I was not really criticizing it, merely pointing out the consequences of
an interface focused on shallow contact.  If you don't manage to keep
the corresponding problem space as shallow as the interface (and I don't
think that this is, in every case, impossible), then you get a conflict
of interest that get increasingly harder to solve.

I think that at one time at least Apple was renowned for restructuring
the problem space complexity to match their user interfaces, by no means
a trivial feat.

--
David Kastrup