Re: Get char at point

From: Andreas Politz
Subject: Re: Get char at point
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:19:08 -0000

TheFlyingDutchman <zzbbaadd@aol.com> writes:

> Thanks!  I believe I did look at the char* functions. If it had been
> named char-at I would have gotten it.

General functions are generally easier to find in the elisp manual.

---
File: elisp,  Node: Top,  Next: Introduction,  Prev: (dir),  Up: (dir)

Emacs Lisp
* Text:: Examining and changing text in buffers.
---

-> (info "(elisp) Text")

And the first function of the first entry is what you were looking for.

-ap