Re: auth-source multiple accounts

From: Uday S Reddy
Subject: Re: auth-source multiple accounts
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:21:36 -0000

On 7/28/2010 2:07 PM, Ted Zlatanov wrote:

auth-source.el (specifically, auth-source-user-or-password) will work
either way.  The new query parameter is optional so at worst the user
will get the wrong password.  There will be no error.  So you don't have
to give up on old versions.  Just warn the user that the account won't
be part of the lookup.

Yes, but, if I call auth-source-user-or-password with the extra parameter, and the user is using an old version of auth-source.el, there will be an error. But the version number idea is good. I can test for it before calling.

Let me know when you have the new version ready so that I can test it along with VM.

Cheers,
Uday