'Compiler' functionality for Emacs Lisp

From: Cecil Westerhof
Subject: 'Compiler' functionality for Emacs Lisp
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:21:39 -0000

When using for example C++ the compiler does a lot of checks for you.
For example it checks if all your variables are declared or used and
it does even find potential memory leaks. Is there something like this
for Emacs Lisp? I am writing bigger functions nowadays. Yesterday I
found out that not all my variables where declared in a let block and
I had forgotten to remove a few I where not using anymore. Is there
something that could do these checks for me?

I am using: GNU Emacs 23.1.1.

--
Cecil Westerhof
Senior Software Engineer