Re: Meaning of ": Use it"

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Meaning of ": Use it"
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:22:27 -0000

Andreas Röhler <andreas.roehler@online.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> for example in ChangeLog.12, line 2470, it's written
>
>     (gdb-stack-buffer, gdb-frames-select): Use it.
>
> Does the term "Use it" have a special meaning with
> respect to execution? Does it mean something like implicit?

Huh?  I don't understand a word of what you are saying.  What execution?
And what meaning of "implicit"?  Try harder to make at least a minimum
amount of sense.

Anyway, the ChangeLog entry is quite clear if you read it in context:

        (gdb-max-frames): New variable.
        (gdb-stack-buffer, gdb-frames-select): Use it.

This means that a new variable gdb-max-frames has been introduced, and
that the functions gdb-stack-buffer and gdb-frames-select have been
changed to make use of this new variable.

--
David Kastrup