Re: IBM extended character set

From: Xah Lee
Subject: Re: IBM extended character set
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:22:36 -0000

On Aug 3, 3:11 am, harry weston <harrywes...@btinternet.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have searched the 'net, but cannot find out how to incorporate into emacs
> the symbols from the IBM extended character set that draw boxes of single or
> double lines. It used to be easy on my old Epson dot-matrix printer. My
> failure to locate it is most likely because I don't know exactly what to look
> for among the ISOs and all that. I'll be very grateful for any help your can
> give,
>
> Very best wishes, and thanks for offering this service, Harry Weston

you'll need to give us some details. e.g. do you have a image
(screenshot) of the character? Most people today isn't familiar with
ibm charsets.

also, am certain that all ibm charsets in any version should be in
unicode. So, your problem is simply finding the right unicode, if i
understand it correctly. Not sure what you mean by “incorporate”.

you might find your char in the “shapes” file in the following:

• xub Unicode Browser mode for Emacs
  http://xahlee.org/emacs/unicode-browser.html

the following might help on some issues of input, code point, etc.

• Emacs and Unicode Tips
  http://xahlee.org/emacs/emacs_n_unicode.html

  Xah
∑ http://xahlee.org/