Visitor here is a gedit user; how to interest him in Emacs?

From: David Combs
Subject: Visitor here is a gedit user; how to interest him in Emacs?
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:23:01 -0000

Recently, I've been trying to interest someone in
this most wonderful program, (gnu) Emacs.

Trouble is, he's already using Gedit (google's editor);

every time I try to show him some Emacs concep, he says
that he can do that in gedit also.

This guy is really, really smart, so much though that
I myself would think that he could really benefit
himself by learning it.

Now, usually we're separated by 1,000 miles, communicating
by phone, which which it is almost impossible to demonstrate
a program: "Now hit control-X then Control-f, and then
move the cursor over to ...." -- not at all simple.

Anyway, he's here for another 30 or so hours -- so what
can I show him that might excite him into further
investigation?

Any ideas will be most welcome!

Thanks,

David