Re: alphabets resp. locales

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: alphabets resp. locales
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:24:14 -0000

> is there a way to get the chars of alphabets with resp. to locales?

I don't think Emacs has this info.  We have info about particular
charsets, and some charsets have been designed for particular (set of)
languages, so if you filter them to only keep alphabetic chars from
those charsets, you might get something similar to what I'd call an
"alphabet", but it's still an approximation.

Now, this lack of alphabet-info has nev4er shown up yet, so maybe you
don't actually need it either.  If you tell us what you want to do with
it, maybe we can help you better,

        Stefan