Re: imenu :: menu not visible in php-mode

From: Tim Johnson
Subject: Re: imenu :: menu not visible in php-mode
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:24:45 -0000

On 2010-08-13, Tim Johnson <tim@johnsons-web.com> wrote:
> I am using the nXhtml package with emacs 23.1.1 GTK+ Version 2.20.0 on
> linux (ubuntu 10.04).
>
> "Nxhtml Use Imenu" is set to 'on' in
> nXhtml -> nXhtml Help and Setup -> Customize nXhtml
> this configuration is saved as
> '(nxhtml-use-imenu t) in the custom-set-variables
> form in .emacs
>
> I can also verify that nxhtml-use-imenu is set to t
> from emacs itself. Unfortunately, I still don't have
> an imenu.
>
> What else do I need to do?
  I am answering my own query with a partial solution:
        I added an add-hook form in .emacs *in addition to*
        the nXhtml configuration.
(add-hook 'php-mode-hook
          '(lambda ()
             (imenu-add-menubar-index)
             (setq imenu-sort-function 'imenu--sort-by-name)))
And now the index menu is rendered in php-mode.
One minor problem: imenu does not appear to be indexing
functions where the function name begins with '&' (the ampersand).
Not a big deal.

Perhaps this will help someone else. Any other comments are
welcomed.

regards
--
Tim