Re: git mergetool again

From: jpkotta
Subject: Re: git mergetool again
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:25:23 -0000

On Aug 17, 10:11 am, David Kastrup <d...@gnu.org> wrote:
> Andrea Crotti <andrea.crott...@gmail.com> writes:
> >> Sorry wrong command
> >>  cmd = Emacs -Q -f emerge-files-with-ancestor-command $LOCAL $REMOTE
> >> $MERGED
>
> >> Hope it's useful for someone else that wants emerge as the merge tool..
>
> > I don't get what's wrong with this line
> > cmd = /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/bin/emacsclient -c -e
> > '(emerge-files-with-ancestor-command (getenv "LOCAL") (getenv "MERGED")
> > (getenv "REMOTE"))'
>
> > instead of
> >         # cmd = Emacs -Q -f emerge-files-with-ancestor-command $LOCAL
> > $REMOTE $MERGED
>
> > should not that be the same thing?
>
> Huh?  Why should it?  emerge-files-with-ancestor-command does not take
> arguments.
>
> --
> David Kastrup

I use Mercurial, but the merge tool config is basically the same.  See
http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/MergingWithEmacs for some
solutions.  I used to use the script there, now I use what would be
the equivalent of 'emacs --eval "(ediff-merge-with-ancestor \"$local\"
\"$other\" \"$base\" nil \"$output\")"'