Alternatives to Gnus

From: Francis Moreau
Subject: Alternatives to Gnus
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:26:54 -0000

Hello,

After more than 2 years of gnus daily usage, I've finally decided to
give up :(: too much pain, too much trouble, too much complex, too
slow and too much wasted time. Gnus has definitively not been designed
for me.

So I'd like to find something else to use (and I'm sure it should
exist because I'm pretty convinced that I'm not the only one in this
case) to read my emails and news groups.

I started to use Gnus because I run emacs in terminal mode and I want
to do so when reading my emails/articles. I also want to use emacs to
compose them.

>From my point of view, the most important features are: stability/
robustness, speed and last but not the least usability. I think
Thunderbird has them but unfortunately it doesn't have a terminal mode
and can't use emacs in terminal mode to compose emails (yes it can
with emacs in window mode but it's quite hackish).

Could the emacs users give me some alternatives ?

Thanks