Re: Alternatives to Gnus

From: Francis Moreau
Subject: Re: Alternatives to Gnus
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:26:55 -0000

On Sep 1, 8:31 pm, Rafael <rvf0...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Francis Moreau <francis.m...@gmail.com> writes:
> > Could the emacs users give me some alternatives ?
>
> I could suggest either the web browser Conkeror, or Wanderlust in
> Emacs.

Hmm, not sure how they can help since I'm looking for a mails/news
reader.

> Myself, I wanted to switch to Wanderlust, but in the end I'm
> going to stick with Gnus, since despite its disadvantages I did not want
> to waste all the acquired knowledge obtained over several years.

Well, this is mainly the reason why I used gnus for more than 2 years
but I think it's a very _bad_ reason.

I recently have to configure Thunderbird and it took me less than 15
mins to configure 3 IMAP mailboxes, and to subscribe to a couple of
news group, configure the threaded view, doing some searches,
archiving some articles etc... guess how long it took me to do the
same with Gnus ? :(