ECB freeze Emacs all the time!!! (probably because semantic)

From: Pony
Subject: ECB freeze Emacs all the time!!! (probably because semantic)
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:28:48 -0000

Hi all,

I'm facing a annoying problem for two weeks.

Everytime I open ECB, the Emacs freeze immediately or after some
seconds.
The freeze will last about one minute, and when I move in the code,
it will again freeze.
The freezing and the freezing time depend on which type of
file I'm trying to open, the c/c++ files always cause the
freezing more frequently and longer time.

The speedbar works fine, only the ECB got problem.
I'm thinking probably it's because of semantic part.

My PC is in my lab's network, here is some information:
Operation system : Ubuntu 10.04 LTS
Emacs version : 23.2.1
Cedet version: 1.0
ECB version; 2.40

My .emacs file is like this:
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
(load-file "~/Emacs/cedet-1.0/common/cedet.el")
(semantic-load-enable-minimum-features)

(add-to-list 'load-path "~/Emacs/ecb-2.40")
(require 'ecb)
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

That's all. Because I want to make sure the problem is not caused by
the
conflict between ECB and other lisps,
I simplify my .emacs file into only 4 lines.
Still it keeps freezing!!!!

Since in the lab I'm not a super user,
I tried to simulate the whole situition on my own laptop,
which means the same operation system,
the same Emacs, Cedet and ECB.
To my suprise, it works fine on my laptop!!

Then I'm thinking maybe it's something wrong with
the computer system in our lab.
So I installed another version of Emacs-Cedet-ECB into my lab pc,
which means:
Emacs version : 22.3
Cedet version : 1.0pre6
ECB : 2.40

Again it freeze!!!

Then I tried again on the others' computers, still they freeze!!!
I'm going crazy!!

I'm not 100% sure it's because some settings in our lab system,
but probably it's because we have too much libs installed in the
system.
So I cleaned my .bashrc file into nothing inside,
which means minimum path and ldpath.
Still it freeze!!!!

My head is twice bigger!
So what if I turn off the "Ecb Analyse Buffer Sync" by customizing,
however it doesn't work, Emacs still analyse the codes when I open
them.

Does anyone suffer the same problem?
Does anyone have any idea what's the reanson for this?

Thanks in advance!!

regards,
Pony