Re: where are my brackets?

From: Harald Hanche-Olsen
Subject: Re: where are my brackets?
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:29:29 -0000

+ Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa@Web.DE>:

> Am 22.09.2010 um 11:19 schrieb Bao Marianna Nguyen:
>
>> I have a macbook pro and I use emacs for mac os.
>
> Which Emacs are you using? The best answer will probably be provided
> by choosing the "Send Bug Report..." entry from the Help menu (or
> executing the function send-emacs-bug-report). Some "native" Emacsen,
> running without X11, change the Command or Option keys (or modifiers).

Indeed. They can be changed back, however.
Paraphrasing my .emacs:

(cond ((eq window-system 'ns)
       (setq mac-command-modifier 'meta)
       (setq mac-option-modifier 'none))
      ((and (eq window-system 'mac) (boundp 'aquamacs-version))
       (setq mac-command-modifier 'meta)
       (setq mac-option-modifier nil)))

Putting this in ~/.emacs should fix the problem, at least for two fairly
common emacsen. (I have no idea what is needed with carbon emacs, nor
even how to recognize that version from elisp.)

  -- Bertrand Russell