Re: Regex to match "define ABC-123-xyz"

From: rustom
Subject: Re: Regex to match "define ABC-123-xyz"
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:30:38 -0000

On Oct 1, 6:59 pm, "Erik L. Arneson" <dyb...@lnouv.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 01 Oct 2010, Tim Visher wrote:
> > Don't really understand what's going on.  I type the following into
> > scratch and use `M-x regex-builder` and it works exactly as I believe
> > you want it to.
>
> I love this group!  I didn't even know about `regexp-builder', and now
> I'm crazy about it.  Thank you.
>
> Holy crap, that function is going to make my life easier.

Thats the %^%*($$@ problem with emacs -- you are always at about 5% of
what you could be doing if only...
(at least thats where I am after 20 years use :-) )

In this particular case you may find John Wiegley's version
http://www.newartisans.com/2007/10/a-regular-expression-ide-for-emacs.html
more useful if for example you want to hack out a perl regexp.